cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Maria Magnini <fmm1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storage/Console SSVM loose connectivity (can't ping them anymore) after creating the first guest instance
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 12:05:25 GMT
I know.
As I said on top of the discussion, I tested Cloudstack 4.2 on a CentOS 6.4
deployment (Controller, KVM Host) and never encountered problems on
network. I even tested Advancend networking with VLANS, GRE Tunnels in a
very complicated scenarios.

Switching to Ubuntu (because I need to interact with CEPH), SSVM and KVM
Guest have no connectivity, in a very basic scenario consisting in basic
network zone.

After debugging, watching iptables counters, I see that all the incoming
public traffic is dropped by iptables on the KVM host, and is not passed to
KVM Guests (including SSVM and Guest VMs).

--
“I videogiochi non influenzano i bambini.
Voglio dire, se pac-man avesse influenzato la nostra generazione,

(Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989)