cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Derek Cole <derek.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cloudstack user-data empty for VMs
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 23:44:14 GMT
Well I started to post about getting something broken. I modified
cloudstack_resources to take an argument for userdata. I was getting all
kinds of issues with that, until I realized that the argument in userdata
has to be base64 encoded. I fixed that, and now my VMs can get their
metadata! I had seen a demo with this software at a puppet conference but
it's become clear to me it's not exactly complete, so I have been fighting
to learn ruby ever since to make things work.

Thanks for the help.