cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Robert Navarro <crsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Bridge management network
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2013 17:23:32 GMT
Hey All,

I realize that this is a highly unusual use case, but here we are.

I have a 2U, 4 node server going to the Colo and I want to use all the
nodes as vm hosts.

The biggest thing though, I want to firewall off the management network
using pfSense or some other software firewall VM that also resides on these
hosts.

Now I figure I can run two KVM VMs on two separate physical hosts outside
of CloudStack to accomplish this, but I was wondering if there was a way to
pipe the management network into a CloudStack managed VM so I can take
advantage of the HA stuff that CloudStack offers.

Let me know if you want to know any of the particulars of the networking
layout and I'd be more than happy to supply the details.

--
Robert Navarro