cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Shanker Balan <shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Advanced Zone Multi NIC Requirement
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2013 03:33:16 GMT
Comments inline.

On 31-Dec-2013, at 2:13 am, Cherif Gouiaa <cherif.webdesign@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it true that Multi NIC Hypervisor Host is required even in Education/PoC
> context ?

VLAN based Advanced Zone isolation can be achieved with a single NIC hypervisor.

> My config is
> + ACS 4.2
> + Advanced networking with GRE isolation and 1 public/shared guest network

While VLAN based AZ isolation requires a minimum of one NIC, I am not sure
about GRE based Advanced isolation. In my tests, It did not work correctly
with a single NIC.

I ended up using 2 NICs for GRE isolation.

> + XenServer 6.2 Hypervisor with 1 physical NIC

Please do try and let us know if you GRE isolation works in a single
NIC environment.

Regards.

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560
055

**NEW!** CloudStack 4.2 training<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
08/09 January 2014, London<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
13-17 January 2014, GLOBAL. Instructor led, On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>