cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Shanker Balan <shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Instance created using Templates don't get IP address
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 07:53:34 GMT
On 06-Dec-2013, at 12:54 pm, Anju M R <anjumr.06@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm using CS 4.2 with KVM.
>
> I registered an RHEL 6.4 iso. I created an instance using the ISO. In the
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 file, I edited the ONBOOT=no to
> ONBOOT=yes and BOOTPROTO=dhcp. On restart the Instance get the IP address.
> I stopped the instance and made a template.
>
> But while creating a new instance using this template, IP is not getting
> assigned.

Did you remove the HW Address and UUID settings also?

[root@csman1-1 ~]# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE="eth0"
BOOTPROTO="dhcp"
HWADDR="00:0C:29:31:AD:CF”
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
IPV6INIT="no"
MTU="1500"
NM_CONTROLLED="yes"
ONBOOT="yes"
TYPE="Ethernet"
UUID="00ae1f03-ae6d-4898-99a5-2bf22da078d1”
[root@csman1-1 ~]#

Remove those lines. Also remove /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
and give it a reboot.

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560
055