cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Shanker Balan <shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com>
Subject SecurityGroups, Advanced Zone And DefaultSharedNetworkOfferingWithSGService
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 07:54:55 GMT
Helo,

My Advanced Zone itself has security groups disabled. I have enabled
the SecurityGroupsProvider and created a SharedNetwork with
DefaultSharedNetworkOfferingWithSGService offering.

With this, I am now able to create a new VM in the shared network by
specifying the network ids as the SharedNetwork’s id. The shared VMs end up
in the “default” SG and the rules seems to be working correctly. I added ICMP
and SSH Ingress rules and I was able to reach the VM. I am also able to create
new security groups with rules.

I am however, unable to deploy VMs to security groups other than to
the “default” SG.

> deploy virtualmachine displayname=dmz10
  diskofferingid=9c8c46f0-9b7a-4d7a-8a9b-0ae085e90316
  name=dmz10 serviceofferingid=6554c4c6-d1c6-40c7-9b6b-3ec904422c79
  templateid=69686130-5b3e-11e3-a4b9-000c2931adcf
  securitygroupnames=AdminVM
  networkids=3240155c-e7a2-4ede-aa73-63e21b0c558e
  zoneid=66870482-b34e-4218-92cd-954cf639f493 hypervisor=KVM
: Can't create vm with security groups; security group feature is not enabled per zone

If I leave securitygroupnames (or securitygroupids) out of the deployVirtualMachine
command, the VM does get created in the shared network and end up in the default SG.

Should I not be able to choose a SG while deploying VMs to a
DefaultSharedNetworkOfferingWithSGService network?

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560
055