cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Harikrishna Patnala <harikrishna.patn...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic Scaling Of CPU and RAM not working
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 13:14:59 GMT
Hi,
>From cloustack we need to specify whether Xenserver tools got installed on the template.
while registering a template we see a checkbox “IsDynamic”, this represents whether tools
installed or not.

Please check the template that you have used to deploy vm contains Xensever Tools. (List template
and check the parameter “isdynamicallyscalable”).
If not,
1) install Xenserver tools in the vm
2) Call UpdateVM API with “isdynamicallyscalable” flag “true”
3) Stop and Start the VM.
4) Try to scale the vm

-Harikrishna