cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Shanker Balan <shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: SecurityGroups, Advanced Zone And DefaultSharedNetworkOfferingWithSGService
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 11:04:09 GMT
On 05-Dec-2013, at 2:12 pm, Radek Smigielski <radek.smigielski@ymail.com> wrote:

>> I just redid the setup with Advanced Zone + Security Groups enabled.
> I am trying to understand if you could define, apply, use security groups after you just
update value in data_center.is_security_group_enabled ?

> Or you just basically rebuild zone with SG enabled?

Hi Radek,

I created a shared network with DefaultSharedNetworkOfferingWithSGService
in an existing Advanced Zone which had security groups disabled. VMs would get
created in the default security group if I choose the DefaultSharedNetworkOfferingWithSGService
offering. However, I wasn’t able to any other security groups to the VMs created in the
DefaultSharedNetworkOfferingWithSGService network.

Once I set data_center.is_security_group_enabled=1, I was able to assign security
groups to VMs in the DefaultSharedNetworkOfferingWithSGService network via API.

I hope it makes sense.

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560
055