cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com>
Subject Re: KVM - Adding volume to Ubuntu Server is not shown
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2013 13:52:35 GMT

Shanker,

Thanks, i've checked and i do have the same udev version as you do and it is running.

Are you not having any issues with automatic volume detection in your Ubuntu servers?

Thanks
----- Original Message -----

From: "Shanker Balan" <shanker.balan@shapeblue.com>
To: "CloudStack-Users" <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, 22 December, 2013 3:12:01 AM
Subject: Re: KVM - Adding volume to Ubuntu Server is not shown

On 22-Dec-2013, at 2:19 am, Marty Sweet <msweet.dev@gmail.com> wrote:

> As far as I know certain linux distributions will do it automatically every
> so often, this may be wrong though. Did the guide fix the issue for you?

Andrei, I hope your template has a working udev service:

shanu@ubuntu1:~$ initctl status udev
udev start/running, process 479
shanu@ubuntu1:~$

shanu@ubuntu1:~$ apt-cache show udev
Package: udev
Section: admin
Installed-Size: 999
Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss@lists.ubuntu.com>
Architecture: amd64
Version: 175-0ubuntu9.4
Depends: libacl1 (>= 2.2.51-5), libc6 (>= 2.10), libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.16.0), libselinux1
(>= 1.32), upstart-job, libudev0 (>= 175), module-init-tools (>= 3.2.1-0ubuntu3),
initramfs-tools (>= 0.92bubuntu63), procps, adduser, util-linux (>> 2.15~rc2), upstart
(>= 1.4-0ubuntu6)
Suggests: watershed
Filename: pool/main/u/udev/udev_175-0ubuntu9.4_amd64.deb
Size: 313866
MD5sum: b3b79a458da89ed835d467d383c6041a
SHA1: cd45a58a2b8ba260d51fbfc4698ad8af07b30de3
SHA256: f72a0821911dfc2b1f6c39dab4de214e9f145e93dcff833d7b21c93ec808ebe3
Description-en: rule-based device node and kernel event manager
udev is a collection of tools and a daemon to manage events received from
the kernel and deal with them in user-space. Primarily this involves
creating and removing device nodes in /dev when hardware is discovered or
removed from the system.
.
Events are received via kernel netlink messaged and processed according to
rules in /etc/udev/rules.d and /lib/udev/rules.d, altering the name of the
device node, creating additional symlinks or calling other tools and programs
including those to load kernel modules and initialise the device.
Multi-Arch: foreign
Homepage: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/hotplug/udev.html
Description-md5: 2a0ce683ea15310e7ba291148124cb1e
Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug
Origin: Ubuntu
Supported: 5y
Task: minimal

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560
055

**NEW!** CloudStack 4.2 training<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
08/09 January 2014, London<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
13-17 January 2014, GLOBAL. Instructor led, On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>