cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: SSVM showing alert status
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 08:43:29 GMT
Jake,

If it's simply the Secondary Storage which is at alert state, then follow these steps to resolve
(its effectively a bug)

http://dave.ie/cloudstack-secondarystorage-alarm-on-dashboard/

However if it's your SSVM that is at alert state, the simple thing to do is destroy it and
let the system re-create it.  If the new SSVM also goes to alert state take a look at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/SSVM%2C+templates%2C+Secondary+storage+troubleshooting
for more help

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Kirk Kosinski [mailto:kirkkosinski@gmail.com]
Sent: 04 December 2013 05:11
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: SSVM showing alert status

Hi, Jake.  Is the SSVM really in Alert state, or is it actually the Secondary Storage share?
 If the latter is in Alert state it can be ignored.  The state of the share is not used or
updated and will likely be in Alert state unless you manually update it in the database.

Best regards,
Kirk

On 12/02/2013 01:33 AM, Jake G. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My SSVM is showing ALERT as its status. How can I troubleshoot this? Also, Any tips on
how to log into the SSVM and CPVM?