cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Domenico De Monte <d.demo...@netsons.com>
Subject Re: Change of guest IP address
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2013 13:35:40 GMT
Hello,
sorry for delay.

We did that fix in advanced network configuration with CS 4.2.

In basic network configuration ( if you use it ) or in previous CS
version ( if you use it ) we did not check.

Best regards

Il 19/12/2013 22:47, Andrei Mikhailovsky ha scritto:

> Demenico,
>
> I've followed your suggestion but had some difficulties:
>
> 2) Change network_id in vm_instance mysql table to a guest network
> with associated a DHCP service.
>
> Table vm_instance doesn't have the column network_id
>

> Also, when trying to follow step 4 i have the following error:
>
> mysql>  update user_ip_address set account_id='NULL' where id=92;
> ERROR 1452 (23000): Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key
> constraint fails (`cloud`.`user_ip_address`, CONSTRAINT
> `fk_user_ip_address__account_id` FOREIGN KEY (`account_id`) REFERENCES
> `account` (`id`))
>

> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Andrei

when it comes to S3 Secondary storage which is what i am after.

>     Andrei

and we want terminate it, we can not because there is a bug that NEED to remove dhcp service
from virtual nic assigned to this network.

>     If it's case, following log show exact error?
>
>     2013-12-19 16:08:01,332 DEBUG [cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl] (UserVm-Scavenger-1:null)
Stopped called on VM[User|Test01] but the state is Expunging
>     2013-12-19 16:08:01,339 DEBUG [cloud.capacity.CapacityManagerImpl] (UserVm-Scavenger-1:null)
VM state transitted from :Expunging to Expunging with event: ExpungeOperationvm's original
host id: null new host id: null host id before state transition: null
>     2013-12-19 16:08:01,339 DEBUG [cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl] (UserVm-Scavenger-1:null)
Destroying vm VM[User|Test01]
>     2013-12-19 16:08:01,339 DEBUG [cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl] (UserVm-Scavenger-1:null)
Cleaning up NICS
>     2013-12-19 16:08:01,341 DEBUG [cloud.network.NetworkManagerImpl] (UserVm-Scavenger-1:null)
Cleaning network for vm: 8
>     2013-12-19 16:08:01,346 DEBUG [cloud.network.NetworkModelImpl] (UserVm-Scavenger-1:null)
Service SecurityGroup is not supported in the network id=207
>     2013-12-19 16:08:01,349 WARN [cloud.vm.UserVmManagerImpl] (UserVm-Scavenger-1:null)
Unable to expunge VM[User|Test01]

 Sent: Thursday, 19 December, 2013 12:19:40 PM
>     Subject: RE: Change of guest IP address
>
>     Andrei,
>
>     You could use the addNicToVirtualMachine API command (assuming you are
>     running 4.1 or 4.2)
>
>     1. Assign the VM a new 'temp' NIC on an alternate network
>     2. Set this new NIC to default
>     3. Remove original NIC
>     4. Assign a NIC on the original Network, but also set the required IP
>     (hence using API and not UI)
>     5. Set this new NIC to default
>     6. Remove the temp NIC
>
>     API commands required are
>
>     addNicToVirtualMachinehttp://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/api/apidocs-4.2/root_admin/addNicToVirtualMachine.html
 updateDefaultNicForVirtualMachinehttp://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/api/apidocs-4.2/root_admin/updateDefaultNicForVirtualMachine.html
 removeNicFromVirtualMachinehttp://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/api/apidocs-4.2/root_admin/removeNicFromVirtualMachine.html
 Whilst there are 6 steps, a simple CloudMonkey Script could complete this
>     process in around 30 secs
>
>     Regards
>
>     Geoff Higginbottom

command? Or is it currently the only way?

 "<users@cloudstack.apache.org>  Sent: Thursday, 19 December, 2013 9:25:05 AM
>     Subject: Re: Change of guest IP address
>
>     Hi,
>
>     If your VM is in isolated network please do the following
>
>     1. edit the nics table ip4_address column for your instance_id to new ip.
>     2. login to the router corresponds to the network and replace old ip with new ip
in below files.

>     a.  /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases
>       b.  /etc/dhcphosts.txt
>     3. restart the dnsmasq in router (service dnsmasq restart) 4. Reboot
>     the VM or restart the network service in Vm so that VM gets the new ip from the dhcp.
>
>     Thanks,
>     Jayapal
>
>     On 19-Dec-2013, at 2:27 PM, Andrei Mikhailovsky<andrei@arhont.com>  wrote:
>
>     Hello guys,
>
>     Could some one tell me how to change the IP address of a guest vm? It has been assigned
by default by dhcp router and I would like to change it.