cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Issue with imported VHD from CS 4.0
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 08:26:00 GMT
Adam,

Is this a new Template or one which is currently is use (linked to existing VMs)

As Radek has highlighted you appear to be having a storage issue, which could be related to
Secondary Storage.

Can you confirm your XenServer is able to mount Secondary Storage?

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Radek Smigielski [mailto:radek.smigielski@ymail.com]
Sent: 05 December 2013 07:59
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Issue with imported VHD from CS 4.0

This:

>> 2013-12-04 23:18:21,065 WARN
>> [xen.resource.XenServerStorageProcessor]
(DirectAgent-223:null) Catch Exception

>> com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException for template +  due
com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: failed
>> com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: failed

       at

>> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XenServerStorageProcessor.copy_vhd_
>> from_secondarystorage(XenServerStorageProcessor.java:792)

and later this:

>> 2013-12-04 23:34:31,699 INFO  [cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl]
(Job-Executor-36:job-131 = [ 4f6a0267-7d26-4a4c-a160-fb22bd450fe5 ]) Unable to contact resource.

looks to me like your XenServer host has some problems with the NFS storage. Check /var/log/SMlog
on your XenServer(s).

- Radoslaw  Smigielski