cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Sunsbin" <youxiany...@gmail.com>
Subject 转发:Ask for help with the "snapshot of volume" feature
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2013 05:22:34 GMT
Hello,everyone,
      I'm a coder from Beijing in China,and it is the first time that I ask for help here.
      I'm learning cs4.0.2,and I found the "snapshot of volume" feature has 2 parts:creating
snapshot and backupping snapshot.In backupping snapshot parts,I'm confused of the "-s $snapshotName"
parameter in the command " $qemu_img convert -f qcow2 -O qcow2 -s $snapshotname $disk $destPath/$destName".
      my testing steps as follows:("test-vm is always running")
       1、Create a_snapshot on test-vm with the libvirt api "domain.snapshotCreateXML().
       2、Write /a.txt on the test-vm
       3、“ qemu-img convert -f qcow2 -O qcow2 -s a_snapshot test-vm.disk /tmp/testvm_a_ss”
       (test-vm.disk is the source disk of test-vm on the primary storage)
       4、define a "test-vm-ss" xml in /etc/libvirt/qemu with /tmp/testvm_a_ss as its source.
       5、“virsh define test-vm-ss;virsh start test-vm-ss”
       As my results,and confused, I found the a.txt on the "test-vm-ss" vm. Does the "-s
a_snapshot" parameter work?
      Thank you very much!I'm sorry for my English ability,but I'm looking forward to your
help very much.