cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Lewis <adr...@alsiconsulting.co.uk>
Subject Multi-master MySQL Setup
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 17:13:58 GMT
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone is using a MySQL multi-master configuration with
auto_increment_offset (e.g.10) and auto_increment_increment (1 for server
1, 2 for server 2 etc)? Does it work? Does anyone know a reason why it
doesn’t or wouldn’t work? Is there anything from an application point of
view that could/would trip up CS if auto_increment values are set as more
than 1?

Not planning on deploying multimaster just yet but if I at least start with
an auto_increment of 10, I’d have the option of adding a second master
later and being able to load-balance more effectively.

Thanks in advance,

Adrian