cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelar...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Redundant Virtual Router behaviour
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2013 05:01:54 GMT
Hi Andrei,

In Redundant Virtual Router VRs are not HA enabled. So you don’t see VR spinning up automatically.
Try restarting network to get another VR.

-Sanjeev

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrei Mikhailovsky [mailto:andrei@arhont.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 6:32 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Redundant Virtual Router behaviour

Hello guys,

Could someone please explain how the redundant virtual router functionality is suppose to
work?

I've done some testing by creating a new offering with redundant router enabled. After launching
a vm which had the new network offering i've noticed that CS has launched two virtual routers,
which is a good sign. I've killed the master VR and as expected, the backup VR has taken over
and there was no significant network downtime (i've lost 5 pings). All looks good.

However, i've noticed that after i've killed the master VR, ACS has not automatically started
or recreated the killed VR, so I still ended up with a single VR. Isn't ACS suppose to recreate
the "lost/killed" VR and make sure that there are two VRs running all the time?

Thanks

Andrei