cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From manas biswal <manas.biswa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Image format supported by cloudstack
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2013 04:08:20 GMT
Good day..... The image formats depends upon the Hypervisor you used.
If it is XenServer/XCP then the image format is VHD and for KVM it is
.img . It is nothing to do with Cloudstack. As XenServer/XCP keeping
the virtual harddisks in .VHD format in attached NFS repository. Also
in CloudStack for primary and secondary storage NFS storage has been
used.You can import an existing .vhd file to CloudStack. Normally .VHD
files are bigger than the actual Operting System (OS) space. As VHD is
the complete harddisk that includes both OS spcae + empty space.

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 11:06 PM, Sanjay Tripathi
<sanjay.tripathi@citrix.com> wrote:
> Answers inline.

ISO" form page, or try the API "listOsTypes" to get the complete list.

>> And do cloudstack (version 4.0 and 4.2)  provide support for windows 7,
>> Windows 2012, Ubuntu 12 and Ubuntu 13 ISO?
>
> CloudStack supports all the mentioned guest OS. Only for Ubuntu 13, you need to register
the template/ISO under "Other Ubuntu" guest OS type.

--
Thanks and Regards
Manas Ranjan Biswal