cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Shanker Balan <shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Secondary Storage address info
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 10:44:47 GMT
Comments inline.

On 21-Nov-2013, at 3:39 pm, Gaspare A. Silvestri <g.silvestri@netsons.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've got a question about the secondary storage: the entire CloudStack
> infrastructure I've currently installed has got public IP addressing; in
> your opinion, is it possible attacching and working on an NFS secondary
> storage with a local IP address (172.16.0.0/16 class , for instance)?

Hi Gaspare,

Let me see if I understood you your environment correctly - you have
used public IP segment for your cloudstack hypervisor hosts and you would like to reach
your secondary storage device which is having 172.16.0.0/16 private subnet?

If so, you certainly can reach your secondary storage network provided:

1) Assuming L3 network, configure your default gateway to route to the secondary storage OR

2) Assuming its an L2 network, you assign additional IP addresses to the cloudstack hypervisor
hosts which are on the same 172.16.0.0/16

Hth.

Regards.
@shankerbalan

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560
055

CloudStack Bootcamp Training on 27/28 November, Bangalore
http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/