cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Prachi Damle <Prachi.Da...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Planners
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 19:19:06 GMT
>>Maybe sounds like stupid but , another thing is we can not imagine some deployment
planners, for example if we are running cloud and have a resource, default behaviour should
be spread everything almost equal , why people want to put vms depend same account on same
pod/cluster

People may want to do so to have a dedicated resource for their account and not share the
resource with other applications or they may always want to use a specific hardware for their
applications.

>>or what happen  if i have small number of vm on host but there is high resource usage
on that hosts. For example KVM do not have an option like vmware drs , how cloudstack handle
spread of vms on KVM cluster ?

CloudStack currently supports firstfit, user-pod-concentrated, user-dispersing strategies.
Using the user-dispersing, spread of VMs of the same account can be achieved.
But a generic spread-evenly strategy is not available, please feel free to open a feature
request if the above modes do not suit your requirements.

Thanks,
Prachi