cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Shanker Balan <shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: KVM in advanced zone - some open questions
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 21:41:57 GMT
Comments inline.

On 22-Nov-2013, at 1:46 pm, Abu Bashiri <abu.bashiri123@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Shanker,
>
> many thanks for your fast reply and your detailed answers. Maybe you can
> answer some additional questions?

Will try my best. :)

> In the install documentation on point 8.1.5.Is the libvirt configuration
> only needed if I want to do live migration or shall I configure this always?

While the documentation mentions the use of the unsecured TCP port 16509 for live
migrations, I don’t know the code well enough to comment if any other
CloudStack functionality depends on this port. I would just follow the doc. :)

Some one else might have the answer though.

> Regarding the Bridge config. That's really interesting. Because I thought I
> have to configure a bridge for every traffic type, even for my public
> traffic which is on a VLAN.

In advanced network, you can specify the VLAN(s) while adding the traffic
types for public, guest and storage from the wizard. I believe you are
planning for an advance zone isn’t it?

> So I just set the traffic label on all to cloudbr0 and cloudstack creates it
> automatically, but regarding public-traffic, iam right that I shall not
> specifiy a VLAN ID in the create zone wizard
> Because my interface is already configured as a vlan interface?!?!

- In the zone creation wizard, make sure you specify VLAN id for
  storage, guest and public traffic (as applicable)
- Ensure you set cloudbr0 as the traffic label for storage, guest,
  management and public traffic.
- Ensure cloudbr0 is created and mapped to bond0 on the hosts

If I recall right, that should be all that you need.