cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Suresh Sadhu <Suresh.Sa...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: CS 4.2 + VMware + Local storage
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 06:19:16 GMT
Did you create offering with type as local by default its shared. please create offering with
type as local and  use the same for your VM deployment

Regards
Sadhu

-----Original Message-----
From: Gaspare A. Silvestri [mailto:g.silvestri@netsons.com]
Sent: 06 November 2013 19:59
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Fwd: CS 4.2 + VMware + Local storage

Hi all,

I've recently deployed a CS 4.2 infrastructure with VMware vSphere 5.1 and the local storage
enabled.

I've deployed with no problems the firs two system's VMs (SSVM and CPVM), then when I try
to deploy an instance from a template (starting so the creation of the router machine), I
receive the following error:

"Message: Unsupported storage pool type LVM

java.lang.Exception: Unsupported storage pool type LVM
        at
com.cloud.hypervisor.vmware.resource.VmwareResource.execute(VmwareResource.java:4437)
        at
com.cloud.hypervisor.vmware.resource.VmwareResource.executeRequest(VmwareResource.java:475)
        at
com.cloud.agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache$Task.run(DirectAgentAttache.java:186)
        at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
        at
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334) "

I've read the local storage is compatible with vSphere. Any help?

Thanks in advance,

Gaspare