cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Gabriel Bräscher <gabrasc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: On the fly CS update from 4.1.1 to 4.2
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2013 18:48:19 GMT
Thank you!

Em 01-11-2013 16:32, Geoff Higginbottom escreveu:
> Gabriel,
>
> You need to follow the update instructions carefully.
>
> Yes, it means stopping all your management servers, but all guest VMs continue to run.
>
> The upgrade should be relatively quick, but it does involve updating the system VM template
and restarting system VMs so they get updated.

> Remember to backup before upgrading, and ideally test the upgrade process on a test rig
if you have never upgraded before.

> Regards
>
> Geoff Higginbottom
> CTO / Cloud Architect
>

> D: +44 20 3603 0542<tel:+442036030542> | S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540>
| M: +447968161581<tel:+447968161581>
>
> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com<mailto:geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com

> On 1 Nov 2013, at 18:27, "Gabriel Br?scher" <gabrascher@gmail.com<mailto:gabrascher@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On the university laboratory that I work we have a cloud environment using Cloudstack
as the management tool. So far, we have 2 Cloudstack servers and a load balancing apache server,
both CS are on 4.1.1 version.

> Now we are starting to plan the update to the 4.2 version, mostly because of some important
fixes that have been updated. The upgrade has to be done with the cloud running, so, we are
going to update each CS server at time, in some point on the update process we are going to
end up with one CS on 4.2 version and other on 4.1.1, could it create some problems?

> I noticed that the systems VMs templates were updated, so what does the CS 4.2 would
do when it gets up and running and finds a system VM that was created by the CS 4.1.1? Are
the CS updates meant to be done with the whole management structure down or they have support
to get this job done with everything up and running?