cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sailaja Mada <sailaja.m...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Upgrade from 2.2.14 to 4.2 fails
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2013 09:39:22 GMT
Hi,

I have observed " Duplicate column name 'hypervisor_version' "  only when I tried to restart
the Management server second time which was failed to start for the first time soon after
upgrade .

Analysis :

The first script that gets executed during 2.2.14 to 4.2 is "/usr/share/cloudstack-management/setup/db/schema-2214to30.sql"
 . In this sql script , the first sql stmt is :
ALTER TABLE `cloud`.`host` ADD COLUMN `hypervisor_version` varchar(32) COMMENT 'hypervisor
version' AFTER hypervisor_type;
======================================================================================================

There is a possibility that the schema-2214to30.sql got executed already during the first
attempt of upgrade.  This would have created "hypervisor_version" column which resulted duplicate
entry failure during second attempt.

Can you please check for Exceptions which were logged during first attempt of upgrade.

Thanks ,
Sailaja.M

-----Original Message-----
From: Amin Samir [mailto:aminsamiramin@hotmail.com]
Sent: 08 November 2013 12:56
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Upgrade from 2.2.14 to 4.2 fails

Hello,
I am new to cloudstack and I have an assignment to upgrade a current production environment
from 2.2.14 to 4.2, I follow the exact 4.2 release documentation and then the upgrade fails
the output of the log file states the following:

Duplicate column name 'hypervisor_version' &  Unable to execute upgrade script: /usr/share/cloudstack-management/setup/db/schema-2214to30.sql
& System integrity check failed. Refuse to startup

Could anyone help please with the aforementioned issue?
I am also not sure how to collaborate with the team is it the right way to send an inquiry
mail to users@cloudstack.apache.org? or there are other ways to ask questions?
Amin SamirSystems Administrator