cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From CSG - Ashley Lester <ash...@computer-services.com.au>
Subject Host Down - CS Reports VMs Running on failed host
Date Sat, 19 Oct 2013 20:48:22 GMT
Hello,

I have a situation where CS has emailed a alert saying host 2 (was the pool master) is down:
I have found the following :

Checking finds XenServer Host 2 running but not accessible in the pool, its console show "No
VMs Running on this host"
CouldStack reports Host 2 down but also reports that some  VMs are running on this host
The VMs that CS reports as running on the host2 are still actually running on host2, I can
log into them and they are not present on any other host

Asking CS to move the VM to another host fails.

Can anyone help with some advise ?

I was considering a toolstack reboot on the "failed host"