cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelar...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Error attaching an uploaded VHD volume to a VM
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 05:47:26 GMT
Hi,

An enhancement bug has been reported for supported local storage for uploaded volume. More
details are @

Thanks,
Sanjeev

-----Original Message-----
From: bala sundaram [mailto:bala2289@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 9:11 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Error attaching an uploaded VHD volume to a VM

Hi Shanker,

  Sorry for the late response.  This option 'Storage - Volumes -> volume_name -> Migrate
Volume To Another Primary Storage' is only shown only for the disk that is already there in
a primary storage(Correct me if wrong). A newly uploaded disk which resides in the secondary
storage will not show this option. I see only 2 options for it 1. Attach disk 2. Delete disk.
Have tried the process again,

1. Create a new vm with datadisk.
2. Detach volume.
3. Download volume.
4. Upload it back.
5. Attach it to a vm.

It worked perfectly. Storage type also shows as shared. Not sure what caused the problem last
time. Thanks for your response :)

Thanks and Regards,
bala

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Shanker Balan <shanker.balan@shapeblue.com