cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Shanker Balan <shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Unable to Build 4.2.0 From Source Using Maven 3.1
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 09:52:48 GMT
On 24-Oct-2013, at 11:40 am, Ryan Shafer <ryan.shafer@ecommerce.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am attempting to build CS 4.2.0 from source eventually using noss dependencies from
vmware.  The problem is that I cannot resolve the dependencies for the other cloudstack projects
to build.  In this specific case cloud-api cannot be built because.

> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project cloud-api: Could not resolve dependencies for
project org.apache.cloudstack:cloud-api:jar:4.2.0: Could not find artifact org.apache.cloudstack:cloud-utils:jar:4.2.0
in central (http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) -> [Help 1]

The compilation certainly works with Maven 3.0.x. series. I just build 4.2.0 nonoss RPMS
a couple of days back successfully. Specifically, I used http://mirror.tcpdiag.net/apache/maven/maven-3/3.0.5/binaries/apache-maven-3.0.5-bin.tar.gz.

> I cannot locate cloud-utils-4.2.0.jar or cloud-utils-4.2.0.pom in the central repository.
 In fact I cannot find a couple of the files in http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2.  Please
confirm that I am using the correct repository and if it has changed, please provide some
insight on where I can change this to work through my issues.  Because of the nature of our
environment we must be able to build from source.  Any help would be appreciated.

> Anyone who would like to contact me directly about potentially working with my company
on our cloudstack related issues we would be willing to entertain any offers, thank you.

Using maven 3.0.5 should make things compile for you. Do let us know how things go.

Regards.

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560
055

CloudStack Bootcamp Training on 27/28 November, Bangalore
http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/