cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Hertanu <d...@unixmob.com>
Subject SSVM, CPVM not starting after Xen host reboot
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 18:00:44 GMT
Hi

CS 4.2.0 running on CentOS 6.4 64 bit with one XenServer host. I had to
reboot the host so I put the host in maintenance mode. All VMs were
shutdown, then the host was put in Maintenace, then I rebooted the host.
After the reboot both SSVM and CPVM fail to start with something like this:

           nameLabel: Async.VM.start_on
     nameDescription:
   allowedOperations: []
   currentOperations: {}
             created: Wed Oct 30 17:55:26 GMT 2013
            finished: Wed Oct 30 17:55:35 GMT 2013
              status: failure
          residentOn: com.xensource.xenapi.Host@59ca3c2e
            progress: 1.0
                type: <none/>
              result:
           errorInfo: [CANNOT_PLUG_VIF,
OpaqueRef:ce19a694-e572-7620-b1bd-c5a5133f6861]
         otherConfig: {}
           subtaskOf: com.xensource.xenapi.Task@aaf13f6f
            subtasks: []

Peeking with XenCenter on the host events log I can see this: "This VM
cannot be started, as its network interfaces could not be connected. One of
the NICs is in use elsewhere."

In the networking tab the host shows a NIC0 labeled management, a bond
between NIC1 and NIC2 labeled guest, NIC3 labeled storage and a
cloud_link_local_network.

Any idea on what's going on?

Thanks,

Daniel