cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrija Panic <andrija.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Public LAN inside CS
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 16:09:58 GMT
Hi,

I have one question on "public network", used in Advance networking
scenario.

As I understood from documentation, "Public network" is only used by system
VMs, and assigned to the public interface on VR(s).
What is recommended way if I want public IP address to be assigned to some
user VMs? I'm not deploying VR for customer VMs, just kind of "VPS" VM...

I have done the folowing, and wonder if this is good/correct method - it is
working fine for now.

In order to have public IPs assigned to single VM - I had to use another
guest network with vlan tagged packets (so, I have one guest network, with
vlans 40-50 on eth0 for private IP range communication between VMs (each
account get it's own vlan ID from range 40-60), and I HAD to have vlan 500
on eth1, on HOST.

Then I deployed new Shared Network inside CS UI, with vlan 500 (that can be
assigned to all acount VMs, in order to have public IP and direct internet
access), and CS created bridge cloudVrBb500, and joing eth1.500 to that
network...

So, any other solution to have normal VMs get public IP address from public
IP range without using vlans for that guest network ???

Thanks,
--

Andrija Panić