cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>
Subject [SOLVED] Re: Slow network speed to VM instances after upgrade to CloudStack 4.2.0
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 08:21:16 GMT
Hi Kirk,

Good day to you, and thank you for your e-mail.

Yes, I have confirmed that the compute offering is causing this. The
network rate on the compute offering for all the VMs were set to 2
Mbit/sec. For some reason, the network rate was not enforced when I was
still using CloudStack 4.1.1 and earlier, but now being enforced on
CloudStack 4.2.0.

Thank you for your detailed information on compute offering. I have tested
by creating a new compute offering with higher network rate (100 Mbit/sec),
shutdown the instance, change service offering to the new compute offering,
and start back the instance. I am able to get much higher bandwidth during
my speedtest now.

Thank you.