cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>
Subject Error in backing up cloud database
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 13:25:57 GMT
Dear all,

I tried to perform another upgrade today with Abhinav's assistance, and
right now I am not able to backup the cloud database. This is the error
when doing mysqldump:

root@pri-db-01:~/backup/20131001# mysqldump -u cloud -p cloud >
cloudstack-backup3.sql
Enter password:
mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'show create table `template_view`': View
'cloud.template_view' references invalid table(s) or column(s) or
function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them (1356)

When I tried to do a select command to the table directly, I got this error
message:

mysql> select * from template_view;
ERROR 1356 (HY000): View 'cloud.template_view' references invalid table(s)
or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use
them

We noted that the problem started to happen last week when I performed a
failed upgrade attempt from 4.1.1 to 4.2.0. At that time, the database was
already upgraded but because of some issues, we needed to revert back to
4.1.1 and I did a restore of the 4.1.1 version database. However, there was
no error message during restoration and CloudStack was running fine since
then so I didn't realise about this problem until today when I perform
another upgrade attempt.

Anyone has encountered this problem before and what can we do to resolve
this problem?

Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

Cheers.