cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Marty Sweet <msweet....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bandwidth Shaping - Ubuntu 12.04.3 KVM
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 17:30:07 GMT
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help on this. It appears upgrading VM kernels to 3.5 fixed
the Inbound traffic issue.
Drivers for e1000 on Windows are (apparently) provided by Microsoft but are
the latest version. I have a feeling this issue was brought in a few KVM
releases ago.

Hope this helps anyone else who has noticed these anomalies,
Marty

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Marty Sweet <msweet.dev@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah it's odd, can anyone do the following test (on Linux machines) - who
> have bandwidth limiting enabled:
>
> Test 1 (VM Outbound):
> Physical: iperf -s
> Virtual: iperf -c physical_server_ip
>

> Test 2 (VM Inbound):
> Virtual: iperf -s
> Physical: iperf -c virtual_server_ip
>
> Thanks,
> Marty
>

> On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Andrija Panic <andrija.panic@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I have also updated to CS 4.2, and has limit of 200 Mb/s on public net for
>> guests, and from virsh, this is a section:
>>
>> *<model type='e1000'/>*
>> *      <bandwidth>*
>> *        <inbound average='25600' peak='25600'/>*
>> *        <outbound average='25600' peak='25600'/>*
>> *      </bandwidth>*
>>
>> So seems fine...
>>

>> On 29 October 2013 07:33, Jijun <jijunlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> >  Hi Lucian,

>> bandwidth

>> (via

>> check
>> >>
>> > as describe it here:
>> >
>> > http://libvirt.org/**formatnetwork.html<
>> http://libvirt.org/formatnetwork.html>
>> >
>> > the unit of inbound and outbound is kilobytes per second,
>> >
>> > 128000 KB/s divide 1024 = 125MB/s
>> > and the compute offering is 1000 Mb/s
>> > 1000Mb/s divide 8 = 125MB/s
>> >
>> > so  i think the value 128000  is right .
>> >

>> >  Setting the compute offering to something else (I can't remember
>> sorry!)

>> bandwidth

VM