cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From bala sundaram <bala2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error attaching an uploaded VHD volume to a VM
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 03:40:43 GMT
Hi Shanker,

  Sorry for the late response.  This option 'Storage - Volumes ->
volume_name -> Migrate Volume To Another Primary Storage' is only shown
only for the disk that is already there in a primary storage(Correct me if
wrong). A newly uploaded disk which resides in the secondary storage will
not show this option. I see only 2 options for it 1. Attach disk 2. Delete
disk.
Have tried the process again,

1. Create a new vm with datadisk.
2. Detach volume.
3. Download volume.
4. Upload it back.
5. Attach it to a vm.

It worked perfectly. Storage type also shows as shared. Not sure what
caused the problem last time. Thanks for your response :)

Thanks and Regards,
bala

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Shanker Balan <shanker.balan@shapeblue.com
> wrote:

> On 26-Sep-2013, at 4:47 PM, bala sundaram <bala2289@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi shanker,
> >
> >   We didnt migrate the disks between hypervisors/storage pools. We
> > downloaded it, while uploading it back the storage type is changed to
> > shared. So were not able to attach it the vm.
> >
> > "*Cannot attach volume since there are no shared storage pools in the
> VM's
> > cluster to copy the uploaded volume to.*"
>
> My suggestion was to use the CloudStack volume migration feature to move
> the
> newly uploaded volume to the host's local storage pool. This option is
> available
> under the 'Storage - Volumes -> volume_name -> Migrate Volume To Another
> Primary Storage'
> section. When you click on the button, CloudStack will present the list of
> pools available for migration.
>
> Once you migrate the volume to a local pool, try attaching it back to the
> VM.
> Note: The migrate volume option is available to the admin user.
>
> If this fails, I suggest asking on the -dev list and/or open a Jira ticket.
>
> Regards.
> @shankerbalan
>

> > Thanks and Regards,
> > bala
> >

> > On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Shanker Balan <
> shanker.balan@shapeblue.com
> >> wrote:

> by
> >>
> >> Are you able to migrate the volume to local storage and attach to the
> VM?
> >>
> >> Regards.
> >> @shankerbalan

> shanker.balan@shapeblue.com>