cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Chris Sciarrino <chris.sciarr...@gmail.com>
Subject Cloudstack System Capacity - VMFS Storage
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 14:21:27 GMT
Hi,

I have the situation where I have deployed a fairly large amount
instances of the same template. This has increased the amount of
allocated primary storage used to over 2.5 TB . However due to the
usage of linked clones I am really only using a couple of hundred GB.
The primary storage type is a VMFS datastore so I do not believe I can
overprovision it in cloudstack. The problem lies when trying to deploy
more instances it is failing because the amount I have allocated is
over the disable threshold even though I have plenty of actual storage
left.

Is there any way around this? Or any way to make cloudstack see the
actual storage usage on the VMFS datastores?

Thanks,

Chris