cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Travis Graham <tgra...@tgraham.us>
Subject Re: Cloudstack and JuJu
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 16:08:37 GMT
There aren't currently any charms written for CloudStack that I can find, but they shouldn't
be too hard to write. You'd need to break them down into a few different charms, depending
on how you or others might want to deploy them. You'll want to browse some of the other charms
to borrow from existing work such as things needed for MySQL and NFS, I would think those
for sure have been written and could be reused. Other things like KVM, libvirt, qemu and the
like are probably also lurking around in the charms store to be borrowed from.

If there's a large enough community backing for Juju I could probably work on this at some
point, but it probably wouldn't been as soon as you'd need it if you're looking to roll your
own install now.

You may want to start a [DISCUSS] thread to solicit feedback from the community on interest
and implementation options. Getting an idea of what people would like before digging in would
help anyone who's willing to work on making it possible. Personally, I think for those using
MASS it might be something they would like to see. Especially for CEPH support since CentOS
support is lagging.

Travis

On Oct 18, 2013, at 11:50 AM, Andrei Mikhailovsky <andrei@arhont.com> wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> Was wondering if there has been any work on integrating JuJu with cloudstack? If so,
could you please point me in the right direction?