cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jayapal Reddy Uradi <jayapalreddy.ur...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: CS Ip address reservation...
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 09:52:41 GMT
Hi,

What I am saying is pick ip address a.b.c.d from the pool for your physical server.
Once the ip is picked later if you deploy vm, we need to avoid cloudstack to assign it to
user VMs to avoid conflict. For this while creating user vms specify the ip address so that
cloudstack will not pick a.b.c.d.

You can also do the following:
pick the ip for your external server. later if you deploy VM, if the vm gets the ip which
you selected then stop the VM.

Thanks,
Jayapal

On 10-Oct-2013, at 10:28 PM, COCHE Sébastien <SCOCHE@sigma.fr> wrote:

> Thank for your reply.
> I already thought about this workaround. But how ? If I do that, CS will create a Virtual
Machine (instance) onto the hypervisors cluster. This will consume disk resources and if someone
start the instance, I will have an IP Address conflict on the network.
> Am I wrong ?
> How can I create a new instance without deploying it ?
> Or how can I lock the instance startup ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sébastien

for your CloudStack vms.

> Thanks,
> Saksham

be used by an external server, unmanaged by CloudStack ?