cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Shanker Balan <shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: CS 4.1 advanced zone setup without vlans?
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 06:22:30 GMT
On 08-Oct-2013, at 9:54 AM, motty cruz <motty.cruz@gmail.com> wrote:

> I installed CS 4.2, configured a zone with basic networking, System VMs
> started fine but I'm unable to download ISOs, so I know I have a networking
> issue. System VMs are able to get Private IP in the 192.168.0.0/24 as
> assigned and public IPs, yet unable to ping them or unable to connect to
> System VMs.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/SSVM,+templates,+Secondary+storage+troubleshooting
is useful to troubleshoot SSVMs.

> I'm planing on recreating the zone from scratch this time I will select
> advance networking, Guest CIDR could be anything right? since is a Virtual
> network I don't need to work about it? I'm planing on using Guest/Public in
> the same physical interface, storage/management in another interface with
> 192.168.0.0/24 <http://192.168.0.24/> subnet. Default Guest CIDR 10.1.1.0/24
> .

Looks fine to me.

> public IP 98.234.34.207/26, I want the VM to face the public without using
> NAT, is this setup look good?

You will need to create a shared network inside the Advanced Zone to directly
assign the 98.234.34.207/26 subnet to the VMs. You can do this once your advanced zone is
up.

http://shankerbalan.net/blog/create-a-shared-network-with-public-ips-in-cloudstack/

> I'm using KVM hypervisors a cluster of two
> physical machines, two network interfaces on each, one for
> management/storage and second for Guest/Public. as mentioned above NFS
> server will be in the 192.168.0.0/24 subnet

Ensure your VLANs are configured correctly on the switch else guest traffic
between the VMs across hosts will fail.

All the best. :)

> Thanks for your help!
>

> On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Shanker Balan
> <shanker.balan@shapeblue.com>wrote:
>

>> On 07-Oct-2013, at 10:05 PM, motty cruz <motty.cruz@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks again, I appreciated the link provided, it is very helpful, last
>>> question can I have management/storage within the guest CIDR? should I
>> have
>>> on a separate subnet each?
>>
>> CloudStack has 4 basic traffic types - Management, Storage, Guest and
>> Public.
>>
>> - Management and Storage can share the same subnet
>> - Guest CIDRs are defined by the customers and cannot be shared
>>

>>> For instance, 192.168.0.0/24 CIDR and my management/storage 192.168.0.5
>> -
>>> 192.168.0.35 (30 ips for management and System VMs)
>>
>> The Guest traffic CIDR 192.168.0.0/24 would be in a isolated VLAN and thus
>> have no relation with the management traffic subnet 192.168.0.0/24.
>>
>> While you are technically using the same subnets, they would end up
>> on different VLANs and thus isolated from each other.
>>
>> See
>> http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack/understanding-cloudstacks-physical-networking-architecture/
>>

>>> Thanks,

>> for