cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Bharat Kumar <bharat.ku...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: incorrect cpu usage values in dashboard
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 08:51:34 GMT
Hi Valery,

if you change the  cpu.overprovisioning.factor  for a cluster it will not effect the running
VMs, only the VMs deployed after
overcommit change will be effected.  In other words cloudstack will not reconfigure the running
VMs with the new overcommit values.

Also cloudstack adjusts the the cpu and memory  in DB ,  of the running VMs based on the new
overcommit values.
new overcommitted allocation value = Actual allocated * new overprovisioning factor.

>>> http://thesuki.org/temp/ss/2013-10-15_11-00-05.png