cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From France <mailingli...@isg.si>
Subject Re: Adding a XenServer cluster with existing VMs
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 13:30:06 GMT
You should add only fresh install XenServers to CS.
Any other would mean that CS would not be aware of them and it would
calculate resources wrong and bunch of other things would not work as
expected. I would suggest backing them up, doing a fresh install and
then import them via CS GUI using .vhd import.

On 8/10/13 3:21 PM, David Ortiz wrote:
> Hello,
>        If I have a XenServer cluster with VMs that already exist and I add it to Cloudstack,
what happens?  I saw in the documentation that it should not have VMs running, but does this
mean they should not exist or they should be stopped?  If the former, will the Cloudstack
addition fail, will the VMs be deleted, or will they exist in a seedy shadow vm world where
xenserver manages them but cloudstack does not?