cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Kirk Kosinski <kirkkosin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resize data-disk doesn't work after upgrade
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 22:58:12 GMT
Yes, if there was a problem it should have been logged in the agent.log.
 If it was successful it may or may not be logged depending on the
logging level.  While logged on to the hypervisor, check the actual
virtual disk with "qemu-img info /mnt/somepath/filename".  The filename
can be found in the CloudStack database (the "path" field for the
virtual disk in the volumes table).

Best regards,
Kirk

On 10/03/2013 03:47 PM, Marcus Sorensen wrote:
> What primary storage are you using? Any errors in agent log?
> On Oct 3, 2013 3:16 PM, "Indra Pramana" <indra@sg.or.id> wrote:
>
>> Hi Marcus,
>>
>> Good day to you, and thank you for your e-mail.
>>
>> I have tried restarting the VM and even stop and start the VM, but after
>> logging in to the VM, I still see the hard drive's size as 20 GB instead of
>> 60 GB.
>>
>> I tried to check /var/log/libvirt/libvirtd.log file on the KVM host where
>> the VM is hosted, and can't find any messages related to volBlockResize.
>>
>> Any other troubleshooting steps you can recommend, i.e. any other area I
>> can look into?
>>
>> Looking forward to your reply, thank you.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 4:46 AM, Marcus Sorensen <shadowsor@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I just tested local storage qcow2 and CLVM resize on 4.2, they both
>> worked.
>>>
>>> Resize works like this:
>>>
>>> 1. Do sanity checks
>>> 2. Send resize command to the agent