cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From John Skinner <john.skin...@appcore.com>
Subject Re: CS 4.1.1 XenServer sysvm iso
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 14:02:41 GMT
Ok - that makes sense.

This is on an environment that we upgraded from 2.2.14 to 4.1.1. It had been running great
for a week. So we decided to upgrade XenServer from 5.6sp2 to 6.1. Now we cant create anything
based off the systemvm template. If the template is corrupt, what would be the best way to
re apply it to the system?

Also, I noticed this in the logs when CS was trying to start a domain router:

2013-10-01 03:51:00,437 DEBUG [xen.resource.CitrixHelper] (DirectAgent-389:null) Can't find
the guest os: Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 (32-bit) mapping into XenServer 6.1.0 guestOS type, start
it as HVM guest

Is the systevm VM not Debian 5? I am wondering if that is my problem.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kirk Kosinski" <kirkkosinski@gmail.com>
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: "John Skinner" <john.skinner@appcore.com>
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 6:53:31 PM
Subject: Re: CS 4.1.1 XenServer sysvm iso

Hi, John.  The systemvm.iso is not bootable.  If system VMs are failing
to boot, the system VM template may be corrupt.  Can you re-download it
and compare the MD5 to the ones on secondary storage and primary storage?

Best regards,
Kirk

On 09/30/2013 02:51 PM, John Skinner wrote:
> Hey List,
>
> We are having an issue where system vms (routers, ssvm, console proxy) are failing to
boot. This is with CS 4.1.1, and XenServer 6.1. The VM gets created, and the sysvm iso gets
mounted to the VM, however, the VM fails to boot from the iso, it just sits there. You can
unmount the iso, and mount for example a CentOS ISO and it boots just fine. Has anyone else
ran into this, or have any ideas? Thanks!