cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Len Bellemore <Len.Bellem...@ControlCircle.com>
Subject Bug and Solution when upgrading to 4.2
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 13:42:30 GMT
Hi All,

I recently upgraded Cloudplatform 3.07 to Cloudplatform 4.2 - yes I know this is the opensource
mailing list, but it probably applies to Cloudstack as well - and I ran into this bug which
caused my upgrade to fail:

After upgrading, when I tried to restart the system vms, they would not start and I got loads
of SQL errors in my management server logs such as:

used by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your
SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax
to use near '((total_capacity * cluster.value ) - used_capacity + reserved_capacity) >=
500 A' at line 1

After a while (with help from Citrix) we found this solution:

There is a bug in 4.2 release where CloudPlatform fails to start the system VM's when the
global configuration parameter apply.allocation.algorithm.to.pods is set to true.

To resolve the issue set the global configuration parameter apply.allocation.algorithm.to.pods
to false and then restart the management servers.

See this JIRA page for more details:

Hopefully this helps someone!

Thanks
Len

IMPORTANT NOTICE. This electronic message contains information from Control Circle Ltd, which
may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended for use only by the individual(s)
or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this electronic message in error, please notify me by telephone or email
(to the number or email address above) immediately. Activity and use of the ControlCircle
e-mail system is monitored to secure its effective operation and for other lawful business
purposes. Communications using this system will also be monitored and may be recorded to secure
effective operation and for other lawful business purposes