cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Manske <br...@manske.org>
Subject Secondary Storage mounting on CS 4.2.0?
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 15:51:58 GMT

Quick Question: I have a dedicated NFS server (a FreeNAS box) providing
secondary storage for my CloudStack server.  Is it required that I have
my secondary storage mounted on the CS server? And why?  I'm specifically
interested in the Global Setting "mount.parent" here, which is set to
"/var/cloudstack/mnt" but doesn't auto-mount so far as I've seen.
There doesn't appear to be any malfunction.  I'm just curious.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bryan Manske

---
"Earnest falsehoods left unchallenged risk being accepted as fact."
 -- Monty "xiphmont" Montgomery - Xiph Foundation, on the Ogg format
---