cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Mauras <oliv...@core-hosting.net>
Subject Re: Cloustack 4.1.0 + GlusterFS
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 13:26:33 GMT

Hi,

Those thinking that it's not a good idea, do you mind
explaining your point of view?
GlusterFS seems like the only real
alternative to a highly priced SAN for the primary storage...

Thanks,
Olivier

On 2013-09-11 15:08, Rafael Weingartner wrote:

totally agree with Tomasz, I do not think that using a distributed FS
as

Shanker Balan <shanker.balan@shapeblue.com>

5:14 PM, Tomasz Zięba <t.a.zieba@gmail.com [1]> wrote:

>>> Hi, Some
time ago I tried to use GlusterFS as storage for cloudstacka but I
noticed that cloudstack uses the default settings for mount command. By
default mount command is using the UDP protocol but glusterfs works

only

>>> using tcp. I think, if cloudstack developers could add "-o
proto=tcp" to code glusterfs should works. For example: /bin/mount -t
nfs -o proto=tcp IP:/share /mnt/gluster/ If you are using CitrixXen you
should mount the share and make it as SR. For cloudstacka is clear
because you should use the option PreSetup when creating PrimaryStorage.
Personally, I doubt that using GlusterFS as a primary storage is a good
solution but for secondary storage it should be very usefull.
>> And
maybe as a Swift backend. -- @shankerbalan M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91
(80) 67935867 shanker.balan@shapeblue.com [2] | www.shapeblue.com [3] |
Twitter:@shapeblue ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A,
World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560 055 This email and any attachments
to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are
Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended
recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its
contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if
you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a
company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is
operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered
trademark.

> -- Rafael Weingartner

Links:
------