cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jayapal Reddy Uradi <jayapalreddy.ur...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Security Groups
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 04:40:14 GMT
There are no cloudstack configured  iptables rules on your xen host.
It seems iptables are stopped on the host ?

Please check is CSP installed correctly not he host.
Please try to force connect or host once.

Thanks,
Jayapal

On 19-Sep-2013, at 9:50 AM, Michael Phillips <mphilli7823@hotmail.com>
 wrote:

> http://pastebin.com/xf9SBzVY
>
>> From: jayapalreddy.uradi@citrix.com
>> To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Security Groups
>> Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 03:54:51 +0000
>>
>> Hi,
>> Can you please share  host 'iptables -L -nv' output on pastebin
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jayapal
>>
>> On 19-Sep-2013, at 8:04 AM, Michael Phillips <mphilli7823@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Having troubles getting security groups to function
>>> My "test" environment is as follows:
>>> Cloudstack 4.1.1 on centos6.4Xen Server 6.0.2, CSP installed, iptables running...not
sure if it needs to be but it is by default, all xen patches installed.Primary Storage = iscsiSecondary
Storage = nfs on mgmt serverSystem VM's and router are running as expected.Network = flat
192.168.50.0/24
>>> I then create 2 instances(vm's) based on the centos5.6 template provided and
assign them to the "default" security group. The instances are able to "ping" each other,
and I thought the expected behavior is that they should not be able to, since the default
security group has 0 ingress rules which should block all inbound traffic.