cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelar...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Multiple Public IP ranges
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 05:55:08 GMT
Hi Travis,

We don't support multiple subnets in the same vlan for public IP ranges. Since all the subnets
you are using are untagged,  all the CIDRs will be treated as part of same vlan and CS throws
error when you try to add multiple subnets.

This feature may be supported in future versions of CS.

Thanks,
Sanjeev

-----Original Message-----
From: Travis Graham [mailto:tgraham@tgraham.us]
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:48 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Multiple Public IP ranges

I have a testing CloudStack install setup with 4.1.1 running on CentOS 6.4 for both Management
and KVM compute hosts.

I'm trying to add additional public IP ranges to a zone that uses Advanced Networking and
I keep getting errors.

My first range is a subset of an existing /24 we have that provides 10 IPs for testing. This
range has an unset VLAN so that it defaults to "untagged" which is how our physical network
is setup, no tagging at the port level.

When I try to add an additional range from another /24 we have I get this error:

"The Untagged ip range with different subnet already exists in zone 2"

I can add an additional range of IPs within the first /24 without any problems.

Is there some reason we can't add multiple IP ranges from different subnets that are untagged?

Thanks,
Travis