cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Karan ." <digitalka...@gmail.com>
Subject Management Server does not start when interface cable is unplugged.
Date Sun, 29 Sep 2013 18:41:36 GMT
Hi

I'll be giving a short demo on CLOUDSTACK in my organization  and for this
I have a very  basic setup of  Cloudstack 4.1.1 where I am using one laptop
as management server as well as agent . Also, I am using basic networking.
>From logs I have observed that whenever my network cable is unplugged, MS
doesn't start and throws following exception:

2013-09-29 23:09:09,693 INFO  [cloud.cluster.ClusterManagerImpl]
(Timer-1:null) Start configuring cluster manager :
ClusterManagerImpl_EnhancerByCloudStack_d07fda90
2013-09-29 23:09:09,753 INFO  [cloud.cluster.ClusterManagerImpl]
(Timer-1:null) Cluster node IP : 192.168.1.4
2013-09-29 23:09:09,756 ERROR [utils.component.ComponentContext]
(Timer-1:null) Unhandled exception
javax.naming.ConfigurationException: cluster node IP should be valid local
address where the server is running, please check your configuration
        at
com.cloud.cluster.ClusterManagerImpl.configure(ClusterManagerImpl.java:1319)
        at
com.cloud.utils.component.ComponentContext.initComponentsLifeCycle(ComponentContext.java:111)
        at
com.cloud.servlet.CloudStartupServlet$1.run(CloudStartupServlet.java:50)

Just for starting MS I have to attach my laptop to a network. Please
suggest me a way where I can start MS without being connected to any
network since I have a single host setup. I have tried bringing my
interface up using 'ip link set eth0 up' but eth0 status is always DOWN
unless I plug it into a network.

Regards
Karan Pugla