cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rafael Weingartner <rafaelweingart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cloustack 4.1.0 + GlusterFS
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:07:23 GMT
I think that CS will not even know that it is a Distributed FS since you
can mount the distributed volume in a folder and export it with NFS.

The question should be, is a distributed FS interesting to be used in a
cloud environment? Since there is a cost to use this kind of model and it
may or may not have performance problems since read and write speed are
crucial for the whole system.

As and example here we use a RAID controller as the bases for storage of
our cloud, we achieved something around 60MB+ of writing and reading speed,
which is pretty good. How would be the performance of Gluster in your
environment? All of your storage server have gigabyte connections?

--
Rafael Weingartner