cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Michael Phillips <mphilli7...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Security Groups
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 04:20:47 GMT
http://pastebin.com/xf9SBzVY

> From: jayapalreddy.uradi@citrix.com
> To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Security Groups
> Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 03:54:51 +0000
>
> Hi,
> Can you please share  host 'iptables -L -nv' output on pastebin
>
> Thanks,
> Jayapal
>
> On 19-Sep-2013, at 8:04 AM, Michael Phillips <mphilli7823@hotmail.com>
>  wrote:
>
> > Having troubles getting security groups to function
> > My "test" environment is as follows:
> > Cloudstack 4.1.1 on centos6.4Xen Server 6.0.2, CSP installed, iptables running...not
sure if it needs to be but it is by default, all xen patches installed.Primary Storage = iscsiSecondary
Storage = nfs on mgmt serverSystem VM's and router are running as expected.Network = flat
192.168.50.0/24
> > I then create 2 instances(vm's) based on the centos5.6 template provided and assign
them to the "default" security group. The instances are able to "ping" each other, and I thought
the expected behavior is that they should not be able to, since the default security group
has 0 ingress rules which should block all inbound traffic.