cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Noel Kendall <noeldkend...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: V4.1 Advanced Network, VR reboot, NAT rules gone
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 15:12:53 GMT
That's the insight I needed, and indeed, you are correct. Appreciate the very quick response
from you fellows.
Noel

> From: jayapalreddy.uradi@citrix.com
> To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: Re: V4.1 Advanced Network, VR reboot, NAT rules gone
> Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 06:02:55 +0000
>
> Hi,
>
> Rebooting the VR outside the cloudstack, will not program the NAT/firewall rules.
> If you reboot the VR from the cloudstack then rules get programmed.
>
> Thanks,
> Jayapal
>
> On 13-Sep-2013, at 5:10 AM, Noel Kendall <noeldkendall@hotmail.com>
>  wrote:
>
> > FW rules are not persistent in VR? I am trying to figure out why a V4.1 VR does
not properly NAT, and of course,reboot several times to reset state. I see that after each
reboot, the NAT rules are gone. If I go to the mgr, and touchthe rules for the network in
some way, the rules are re-instated.
> > Makes me think that the mgr is not aware of the VR change of state on reboot, and
is failing to command it with properset of rules.