cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Shanker Balan <shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Error attaching an uploaded VHD volume to a VM
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:06:27 GMT
On 23-Sep-2013, at 10:41 PM, iliyas shirol <iliyas.shirol@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings !
>
> We downloaded a DATA disk volume (on Local Storage) of VM-1 running in a
> particular zone to a webserver DOCROOT and again uploaded as a new volume
> using the 'Upload Volume' feature in the webUI.
>
> Now when we're trying to attach this volume to a new VM say VM-2 we're
> encountering the below exception,
>
> "*Cannot attach volume since there are no shared storage pools in the VM's
> cluster to copy the uploaded volume to.*"
>
> When we check the properties of the newly uploaded volume we can see that
> the Storage Type is set to 'Shared'. Can anyone tell us where we're going
> wrong ?

Hi Iliyas,

The following works for me on Apache CloudStack 4.1.1:

- Create a new data disk of type local storage
- Attach to VM and created a ext2 file system on it
- Detach and download to local web server
- Upload volume to CloudStack, the storage type now shows "Shared"
- Attach data disk after import back to the same VM or another VM instance

Are your tests with Apache CloudStack 4.1.1?

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560
055