cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Demetrius Tsitrelis <Demetrius.Tsitre...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: How to reset admin password of CloudStack WebUI?
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 20:19:02 GMT
The Knowledge Base article on the Citrix site looks like a good reference.

Still curious as to why one can enter a plain text value for the admin directly into the database.
 Does CloudStack look for the "password" value explicitly or would any value do?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Duffy [mailto:ian@ianduffy.ie]
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:28 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to reset admin password of CloudStack WebUI?

> I hope this does not mean that user passwords are stored in plain text in the database
table.

They are not. The authenticators support:
   - PlainText
   - SHA1
   - MD5
   - LDAP

I believe SHA1 is the default, but from my experience once one match of any of the authenticators
are found it will cause a successful login.

More information on resetting the password can be found at:
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX133469

On 17 September 2013 19:49, Demetrius Tsitrelis <Demetrius.Tsitrelis@citrix.com> wrote:
> I hope this does not mean that user passwords are stored in plain text in the database
table.

we can just insert a plain text password for the reset and then change it via the user panel
once logged in.